Wednesday, December 10, 2014

HAUS Personal Vaporizer from Mistic (Review)

I pick one of these starter kits up from 7-Eleven. It's a nice looking little kit. Comes with a 650 mah battery, 1 tank, a lanyard and charger. On their site you can get one for $24.99. For the first few days it worked great. So much so, my wife went and bought one for herself. She had more problems with hers than I did at first. Right out of the box I was vaping within 10 minutes (letting the juice soak in). It produced a decent amount of vapor and the taste was pretty good.

For me, the battery life lasted about half a day, at the most, after a full charge. Compared to my Volcano 650 mah battery, it was usable for half the time. The tank also got gurgley and the atomizer would flood sucking up juice into the center post. After about a week the atomizer stopped firing and then the battery went out. Even after that I ended up buying a second tank, hoping that the flooding was just a defect with the first tank. The second had the same problems. Gurgle, flooding, then wouldn't fire.


Pros:

  • It's not too expensive, but if your going to buy something inexpensive go with an ego blister pack starter kit.
  • Worked decently when it did work.


Cons:

  • The site says it has "Longer battery life" compared to what I don't know, but everything I've used it actually pales in comparison.
  • When you're atomizer does go out you have to buy a whole new tank ($7.99 each)  rather than just the coils like other tanks (i.e. Kanger Evod or Aspire ET BDC clearomizers, which are both less expensive).


Mistic also sells ejuice but I have not tried any since it only comes in one nicotine strength - 24mg - and I really don't know what's in it. They say the 10 ml bottle is "enough product to outlast 2 cartons of cigarettes" which I doubt. My personal recommendation is to pass on this device. There are better devices for less money out there.



*I did contact Mistic's customer service number and they said that if I sent them the battery they would replace it, but by that time I moved on to a different device.

6 comments:

  1. Check the Hippie (http://hippievaporizer.com/) next time pls, I'd like to hear your judgement before buying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been struggling with quitting smoking for a while and eventually ran across these in my local Walmart. I purchased 2 of the same Haus by Mistik ecigs about a week apart at the same Walmart about two months ago. Both came with a battery, a tank, a USB charger, a lanyard, and instructions. One bottle of Mistik brand eliquid, not included but I purchased separately, lasted me about a week the first few weeks but in two months I went from smoking about a pack of cigarettes a day to having 6 cigarettes since starting with this product. I have been weaning my nicotine intake down by vaping a little less each day, as the addiction I'm trying to kick is nicotine, and it seems to be working well. I am confident that I will be nicotine free in a matter of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you quit smoking every one of those harmful chemicals, your body will experience an imperative change. You can begin to feel a ton better after just a solitary day without cigarettes.
    These are many reasons why the electronic cigarette is so valuable, allowing you to change your way of life to a much more advantageous one for what's to come.
    www.planeteliquid.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beware about this product. I bought one from Walmart and found pepperoni pizza crust in the package, no battery. I am not kidding! Walmart would not return it or exchange so I wasted over $20.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blog!! The flash up the top is awesome!!
    Buy Vaporizers Canada

    ReplyDelete